A buzz of excitement is in the air at Red Bird Christian School.
- Mrs. Vaughn, a new volunteer school secretary, said, “The first day was smooth with lots of happy kids.”
- Maci, in the 6th grade, enjoyed the scavenger hunt around the classroom.
- Students in Mrs. Roark’s and Mrs. Hicks’ classes shared some common rules like “Don’t run in the halls,” when asked if they had learned anything yet on the first day.
- Middle school girls expressed delight with no assigned seats during lunch.
- Ethan, in Mrs. Hicks’ class, said he discovered that, “It is fun to read!”
From first graders on up, kids were glad to reconnect with old friends and meet new ones. Mrs. Riddle stated she “was excited to see so many new faces from near and far.” Enrollment is up 15% this school year with a new bus route and the reopening of the dorms. Dr. Collins has set a goal of 250 students enrolled within three years.
God is at work all around campus with exciting opportunities. Chapel will have a student praise team again this year, and extracurricular activities abound with students picking out instruments or scheduling sports physicals.
It’s not too late to get involved in activities. You may sign up for volleyball, offer to buy warm up jerseys for an elementary basketball team, volunteer at the school, buy a library book from the Amazon.com Red Bird Christian School Library Wish List, or send supplies. Click “Support” and choose the “School Wish List” from the lists in the “In Kind Donations” section for a list of needed school supplies, or contact the Development Department @ 606-598-3155 to get involved today!