Summary: Conducts craft show or other exhibits to promote organization, products and services, answer customers’ and visitors’ questions, and explains or describes products or exhibits and coordinates craft electronic commerce efforts by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain information for the Red Bird Crafts web site.
- Provide pictures and written descriptions for web site updates.
- Monitors e-commerce and keeps Craft Program Manager informed as to buying trends, sales information and inventory needs.
- Secures all necessary personnel, merchandise, equipment, materials, and supplies for craft show set-up.
- Arranges transportation of exhibit and merchandise. Sets up or arranges display and promotional materials.
- Demonstrates use of products or displayed items.
- Delivers presentations and shows videotape or slides.
- Answers customers’ questions concerning location, price, and use of merchandise. Answers questions concerning craft persons and producers of merchandise.
- Totals price and tax on merchandise purchased by customer to determine bill.
- Accepts payment and makes change. Wraps or bags merchandise for customers.
- Keeps record of sales, prepares inventory of stock, and orders merchandise.
- Distributes brochures. Obtains names and addresses of prospective customers and supporters.
- Protects display and materials against theft or damage.
- Coordinates breakdown of display.
- Assists with normal Craft Store duties.
Directly supervises 2 to 4 employees in the Craft Marketing Program. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet, Inventory, Spreadsheet and Word Processing software. The individual must have the ability to take digital pictures and correctly prepare them for web site use as well as having a working knowledge of e-commerce systems.
Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and successfully complete an MVR and criminal background check.
Must be able to travel at least 25 weekends per year.
Must be familiar with the structure and operations of The United Methodist Church.
Must complete Red Bird Missionary Conference Itineration training.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; risk of radiation and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.